Tracing some of the trends of 2017, our Best of saturday series is a collection of stories that have something in common, each time. This year we published about 30 Best of and here is a selection of our favourite ones, ranging from building materials to social issues. We focused on spectacular buildings in bamboo, the Brutalist and pink mania, low budget architectures, Czech new buildings and migration. Enjoy.
– Best of Brutalism. Photographed, used, filmed and preserved: brutalism seems to be again under the microscope.
– Migrations. Architects and photographers, artists and designers that do not ignore one of the most relevant issue of these years.
– Best of Low budget. Ten different solutions for low budget projects: good architecture can be cheap.
– Best of Museums. Museums made of earth, water, wood and cement. Selected for you, the most sensational designs of the past year.
– Best of Norway. Forefront sports centers, warm interiors and social design. Don’t miss the best stories from Norway.
– Best of bicycle. To inspire good intentions, don't miss our selection of projects on two wheels.
– Best of bamboo. Houses, schools, installations and electonic devices. Discover bamboo and its thousand possible uses with some of the best articles selected by Domusweb.
– Best of Czech Republic. Seven architecture projects and one artist demonstrate the Czech Republic’s vitality.
– Best of Summer Houses. A selection of retreat paradises facing the sea or immersed in forests, in close relationship with nature.
– Best of UK. Pavilions, museums, renovations, experimental projects and one of the most sensational referendums ever. Read here the best stories from the UK.
Image on top: Georges Adilon, Lycée Sainte Marie-Lyon, 1976). La Verpillière, France. Photo Roberto Conte