Pig Design completed the Seiranri Public Area that includes bathrooms and public facilities in a shopping mall located in the Binjiang district of Hangzhou, China. Aiming to create an extension of the original restrooms, the initial 80 sqm have been expanded by the studio through the inclusion of public passageways, where escalators and lifts, together with new elements like showers, sinks and mirrors, are placed.
The current 1,450 sqm are distributed on three levels, each of them defined by a different shade: white, green and purple immerse the visitor in space atmospheres inspired by the coloured view of planets colliding due to the gravity of a black hole.
The three rooms are described by smooth lines – the lamps with curved geometries on the ceiling, the luminous portholes on the walls – and covered with tiles similar to fragments. An immersion into the universe also underlined by metal surfaces, spheres and arches that seem to welcome you in a space shuttle.
- SEIRANRI Public Area
- Bin jiang District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Restrooms and public areas
- Li Wenqiang / PIG Design
- Design team:
- Tan Shijie, Cheng Liang, Zhu Yiyun, Chen Yunyun , Liu Ruonan, Deng Huan, Zhou Siyan, Tang Mengjie, Bao Yanjun, Wang Keke
- Construction firm:
- Zhejiang Zhongtian Jingcheng Decoration Group. Co., Ltd.
- Installation production:
- Zhejiang Deyao Metal Products Co., Ltd.
- Garment production:
- Wen Zi
- Lighting fixture design:
- Li Wen
- 1,450 sqm