– The house by Apollo architects in Matsuyama features a repetitive wooden structure , which rises up from the floor to continuously form a column-free, shell-like space.
– Barcelona-based studio Arquitectura-G renewed a house in Girona , whose main facade shows through a large vertical gap the vertical sequence of spaces that are stacked inside the building.
– Carlo Ratti Associati unveiled a special kinetic wooden stool designed for Cassina using the “implicit programming” design principle and CNC technologies. #MDW2017
– A selection of ten projects seen at SaloneSatellite looks at interiors in terms of light, material and sustainability. #MDW2017
– Located in a former industrial district of Vienna , this hotel by BWM Architekten features a rugged brick facade and refined interiors reminiscent of Viennese Modernism.
– Damien Hirst’s exhibition in Venice tells the story of the ancient wreck of the ship Unbelievable and presents what was discovered of its precious cargo.
– Within the evocative setting of the biodinamic vineyard of Château La Coste in Southern France, Ai Weiwei installed large-scale site specific pieces recalling Chinese mythology .
– The Albanian National Council approved the General Local Plan called Tirana 2030 , designed by Stefano Boeri Architetti together with UNLAB and IND.
Top: Arquitectura-G, House in La Tallada, Girona, 2017. Photo José Hevia