– Aires Mateus completed the addition of the Faculty of Architecture at the Université Catholique de Louvain in Tournai, Belgium, with a new white shape that connects the existing buildings.
– Heatherwick Studio has completed in Cape Town the Zeitz MOCAA, the world’s largest museum dedicated to contemporary art from Africa and its diaspora.
– From Brompton Design District to Sir John Soane’s Museum. New collections, urban installations, collective exhibitions: our unmissable events from London Design Festival 2017.
– Richard Meier & Partners has completed the new Cittadella Bridge designed to connect the city of Alessandria, Italy, with the 18th-century citadel across the Tanaro River in northwestern Italy.
– Considered to be a masterpiece in photography history, “The Ballad of Sexual Dependency” by American photographer Nan Goldin is on show at Milan’s Triennale.
– The Mycelium furniture collection, made using fungus and wood, is the result of the collaboration between designer Sebastian Cox and thinker Ninela Ivanova.
– The Italian visual communication agency Studio Folder talks about a few recent projects involving mapping, research and information design.
– Where once it used to stand one of the busiest highways in the USA, American artist Mark Reigelman built a Quaker-style house in Downtown Boston to revive the site’s origins.
– While the US is facing super hurricanes, the work of young photographer Virginia Hanusik addresses the rapid coastal erosion of Southeast Louisiana, leading to a gradual environmental degradation.
– The use of innovative building methods and adaptive reuse allowed traverso-vighy architetti to realise a sustainable, socially engaged and energy efficient project in Vicenza, Italy.
Top: Manuel and Francisco Aires Mateus, Faculty of Architecture, Tournai, 2017