Curated by ArtsFor_ under the aegis of the municipality, the all inclusive programme of Milano Photo Week 2019 will collect again this year exhibitions, meetings and workshop both ad hoc and currently ongoing in the polymorphic metropolitan schedule.
This third edition, open from the 3rd to the 9th of June, will as always offer freat classics which are a must–see for the general audience: from “Magnum’s First”, that presents the first historic exhibition of the renowed photo–journalistic agency at Museo Diocesiano, to “Visibile Invisibile”, that brings the chamaleonic Chinese artist Liu Bolin at Mudec, from the private collection of Bob Krieger at Palazzo Morando to the retrospective exhibition of Gian Paolo Barbieri’s Polaroids at 29 Arts in Progress.
What follows is our brief guide, in random order, of the most interesting events:
1. “The Potemkin Village”, by Gregor Sailer (Montrasio Arte, only on June 6th and 7th)
2. “Arca Russa”, by Calogero Russo (Associazione Italia Russia, opening on June 5th at 18.30)
3. “Loro (Them)”, by Krzysztof Wodiczko (Teatro Burri, with a performance from June 6th to 9th between 20.30 and 21.30 and a meeting woith the artist on the 8th from 10.30 at Università Cattolica)
4. “Playing for Keeps”, by Molly Matalon e Caroline Tompkins (Micamera, from June 5th to 8th)
5. “Roger Ballen. The body, The Mind, The Space” (Fondazione Sozzani, opening on June 8th from 15.00 to 20.00)
6. “Internazionale: il giornalismo sullo schermo”, with the projection of the Portfolios by Alessio Romenzi (winner of Premio Ponchielli 2019), Camillo Pasquarelli, Ilvy Njiokiktjien, Ilaria Di Biagio,Andrea & Magda, Nicola Lo Calzo, Stefen Chow, Bénédicte Kurzen and Sanne De Wilde (Il Cinemino, June 9th at 10.45)
7. “L’aria del tempo, by Massimo Sestini” (Galleria Contrasto Forma Meravigli)
8. “Mussolinia, Or How Sicilians Cheated Fascism” (SGallery, open from June 2nd until 9th)
9. “Surrogati. Un amore ideale“, by Jamie Diamond and Elena Dorfman (Osservatorio Fondazione Prada)
10. “Realpolitik”, by Luca Santese and Marco P.Valli — Cesura (Base Milano, with closing party of the exhibition and of Milano Photo Week on June 8th from 23.30)