Please enter a long search term
Oliveri and Studi Nizzoli
More than 50 years have passed since Giuseppe Mario Oliveri arrived in Milan and began his activity in 1947. Initial projects, together with Marcello Nizzoli, were for Olivetti (from the Lexicon 80 typewriter to homes for Olivetti employees in Ivrea) and for the ENI group (the ENI buildings in San Donato Milanese and the Anic settlement in Gela). During the 60's, after Nizzoli left, a new study phase began in which Mendini, Susini, and Viola alternated, among others. The project/competition for the Teatro Carlo Felice in Genoa belongs to this period as well as the buildings for Editoriale Domus. Today, the study has taken a new direction towards research and experimentation.
The New York exhibition is divided into four sections - architecture, industrial and graphic design, projects and competitions, and improbable architecture - and presents Oliveri's most introspective architectural vision. The book (Oliveri e gli Studi Nizzoli: architecture and design since 1948), published by Editoriale Domus and edited by Luigi Spinelli, contains essays by Gillo Dorfles, Arturo Carlo Quintavalle and Benedetto Gravagnuolo.
April 5 thru 20
Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò, New York University, New York, 24 West 12th Street