The Japanese architecture studio of Moriyuki Ochiai recently completed a project that conjugates the ritual of tea with stargazing, located on the hills of the Okayama prefecture, near Bisei.
The playful and open arrangement of the capsules is conceived to accommodate a variety of events held throughout the year by the Astronomy Club and the Tea Ceremony Club. In this context, visitors can experience the project moving freely in and around its elements. The tea rooms, designed as polygonal and colourful structures, form a new landscape within the landscape.
- Constellation of Stargazing Tea Rooms
- Bisei, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
- Tea Ceremony house
- Moriyuki Ochiai Architects Inc.
- Design team:
- Moriyuki Ochiai, Jillian Lei, Xingguang Li, Marie Uno, Haruka Amano, Yuta Takahashi
- CA leading, Takei Construction, Soken Group